Social Media Training Enhances Effectiveness
April 19, 2016 by MaryEllen
Tired of running? Try social media training.
In a world where static, brochure-type websites no longer cut it, social media training is essential. Social media cannot be started and then forgotten. Of course, you can manage pacing, allowing for peaks and valleys, ebb and flow in your campaigns.
Consider the social media changes you might anticipate:
New channels will emerge, favorites may change, but the learning curve will continue
Tweak, update and fine tune your profiles on each of your channels
Respond to comments on your posts
Hone your content to trending topics, important keywords and new hashtags if necessary
Systematize your output
Learn more about key influencers on your primary channel choices
Set up a “B” and “C” platform
Study your metrics to ensure you are earning a strong return on your investment of time and money
You’ve already made a commitment to strategy. Thoughtful implementation makes a strong next step.
The Continuing Education Department at the University of New Mexico (UNMCE) offers “Marketing with Social Media II,” course #55632, to help you frame next steps in your social media journey. I’m Mary Ellen Merrigan, your course instructor. Together we will work through your next steps to effective social media
Marketing with Social Media II Details:
Tuesdays, May 10, 17, and 24
5:30pm – 8:30 pm May 10 and May 17, 5:30pm – 8:00pm on May 24
CE South Building, Classroom: 207, 1634 University Blvd NE, Albuquerque, NM 87131
Three sessions of this continuing education offering address basic questions such as:
1. What is the secret to making social media work?
- Find a next step in each major channel
- Discover how to leverage your messages
- Answer questions about how often to post
- Learn new techniques to post your content
- Review seven key tips to building a successful social media platform in 2016
2. What best practices can I use to expand my content and prevent time creep?
- Explore editorial calendars and practice using one
- Dive into hashtags and understand why they matter
- Find ways to include multi-media elements in each channel
3. How can I systematize my social efforts?
- Explore the five most popular tools to utilize in 2016
- Review 10 social media skills and assess your level of competence with each
- Know what metrics you will track to evaluate your return on time and money
Your work on social media is guaranteed to save you time in social media. UNMCE’s “Marketing With Social Media II” will help you make plans for effective next steps. Register now to cement your commitment to next steps for effective social media.